Just an Island girl, standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear today.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hello Kitty Pumpkins and Roasted seeds | Happy Halloween


My Hello Kitty Pumpkin wasn't very scary but it was very Cute lol
I went to a Pumpkin patch my first ever about three weeks ago and just got around to carving the pumpkin this past weekend. I was deliberating between carving it and painting it but I figured, let me embrace the cultures of my new home I decided to carve my pumpkin if just this once.


It turned out pretty good, it was a group effort of course Mr Man helped me out a lot, lol I turned out to be allergic to the pumpkin and started to itch very badly while I was cleaning it out ugh. 





After we cleaned out the pumpkin and traced the image unto it we began the tedious task of carving the pumpkin which can be seriously time consuming, but the results were worth it. We out a candle inside and it lit up the entire porch it was so pretty.


The amazing Results.


  I washed the seeds throughly with warm water and removed all the slime stuff from the seeds that came from inside the pumpkin. Then I spread them out on paper towels and let them dry thoroughly overnight to make sure they really dried because I wanted them to be crispy when I roasted them in the oven and any sign of dampness with cause them to steam.

I added salt, Pepper and brown sugar with some olive oil to flavor it and prepare it for the oven, I baked it at 350 for  12 to 14 minutes depending, Just make sure they are a nice golden brown color then you can eat them fresh out the oven when its done.

It is so yummy, I will definitely be doing it with other seeds.

It was the perfectly balance of sweet and spicy, you can get as creative as you like with the seasoning.

No comments:

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig