Just an Island girl, standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear today.

Monday, February 9, 2015

57th GRAMMYs - Red Carpet Review (Najeary Bennett)

The most anticipated event for some of our favorite recording artists, record labels, music lovers and fans all over the word, along with the critics finally came - The 57th Annual Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles last night. We all know events like The Grammys is definitely fun to watch while staying in tuned with Twitter, so as a ritual I logged into my account 30min before the Red Carpet event started. 

E annual Red Carpet segment is a must watch for fashion enthusiasts and even mere fans. This is major and whether you are 'into fashion' or not, you will be scrutinized and honey, we will have so many memes, gifs and endless funny tweets to revisit after the event if you ever look a mess. 

I really had to pray for Giuliana Ransic from "Fashion Police" oh the irony - yes my friend, twitter sure had a fun day with her outfit. Can't say I am shocked, I was never a fan of her personal style. Now this might sound a little bitter (sorry not sorry) but, I honestly don't think Guiliana should to be a fashion critic; no sense of style and that's just my opinion. I will be nice to add nonetheless that I am happy for her being a breast cancer survivor *cues Destiny's Child song* but, I think its time for her to get a bucket of chicken and hire a personal stylist  - a very honest one at that.

The entire show seemed to have been all over the place, and as much as I do understand that music has many different genres I really don't think the show had a theme or was even properly segmented. I personally thought we could have been speared a few of those performances.

While I really can't say I was 'slayed' by any particular Red Carpet look, I must say there were a few looks that had us talking on twitter.

In no particualar order, here are some of the most talked about Red Carpet looks at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.

Yours truly,
Najeary Bennett
(Follow me on Twitter  & Google +Najeary B )
Big Sean & Ariana Grande both in Versase

Ariana Grande in Versace












Gwen Stafani in Atelier Versace

Jennifer Hudson wearing a body fitter white dress by Tom Ford

Jessie J in Ralph &Russo

Taylor 'Shake it off' Swift in Elie Saab
Charli XCX - serving a TBT moment in Jeremy Scott for Moschino

Sam Smith (man of the night)

Ciara in Alexandre Vauthie Couture

Iggy Azalea in Armani Prive

Rihanna in Giambattista Valli gown

Rita Ora in Prada




Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell

Katy Perry in a dazzling Zuhair Murad dress & Sophia Webster shoe

Zendaya in Vivirnne Westhood (On the fence)

Usher in Calvin Klein 
Beyonce - Proenza Schouler

Kat Graham in Yanina Gown

Jhene Aiko - Alberta Ferretti






1 comment:

RANE said...

I loved Katy Perrys' look best of all.

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig